ConstructionSEO are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy outlines when, why and how we collect any personal information, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and what choices you have. It relates to all aspects of our Service and this website.
From time to time we may change this Policy so please check this page regularly for updates to ensure you are happy with the edited version. By using our Service and website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions relating to this Policy and data safety practices can be sent by email to email@example.com or via other methods of communication via our website.
Please note that this Policy has the same meanings as our Terms and Conditions when using our services.
Here is a summary of our Privacy Information Notice.
- Who are we?
We are ConstructionSEO, a company providing internet marketing services.
- How do we collect information from you?
We collect and process information about you when you contact us to enquire about our services and when you use our website.
- What information do we collect & how is it used?
We collect information to allow us to fulfil our obligations to our clients, to respond to business enquiries, and for other internal marketing purposes to improve our service.
- Controlling your information
You have rights regarding the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you wish to exercise these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of ‘cookies’
ConstructionSEO takes security very seriously. Our internal Data Security Policy details the steps we take to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Data Breaches
Our Data Security Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, ConstructionSEO will quickly alert you of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
Would you like to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal information? You can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter in detail. If you are not satisfied with our response you can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Who are we?
We are ConstructionSEO, a company providing internet marketing services to clients in the United Kingdom and occasionally further afield.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you contact us to enquire about our services or sign up to receive any educational/marketing materials we offer (e.g. in the form of an email list).
What information do we collect & how is it used?
We collect information to enable us to fulfil our obligations to our clients, and to respond to business enquiries. We also collect and use information to improve our services and conduct our own internal online marketing for individuals who have expressed interest in our service (e.g. Google Analytics). The information in section 3.3 outlines exactly what information we collect, and for what purpose.
3.0. Sensitive Data
We do not gather sensitive personal data (e.g. health, genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, and criminal convictions). We expressly request that you do not provide any such sensitive data to us.
3.1. Children’s information
Our services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
3.2. Third Parties
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We may pass your information to third party service providers who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
We also use a number of 3rd party services to help us fulfil our contractual obligations. These 3rd party services are listed in full below; we have verified that these 3rd party services are GDPR compliant (or are working towards GDPR compliance), and are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (or are working towards certification) where these organisations are based outside of the EU. Although we would like to state that we are not in control or responsible of any changing Privacy Policies with our 3rd party services since time of writing our own Policy on this page.
The following details outlines the personal data we collect and for what purpose. The information also outlines the 3rd parties the data is processed by or shared with, and how long the data is stored for:
- Email & Invoicing – we use 3rd parties for email communication and invoicing our clients. This allows initial and ongoing communication to prospects, clients, suppliers, etc. in order to provide the level of service we strive to achieve for our clients. Email data will be retained until a clear request has been made for deletion. Invoicing data will be stored indefinitely, for ongoing invoicing and accounting records. Please contact us if you would like us to disclose the 3rd parties we use for email and invoicing.
- Password Storage – we use a 3rd party for storing client login details for various sectors including hosting, domain name registration and website credentials. We may from time to time store additional logins in order to provide our service on our clients behalf which includes, but not limited to, social media and online directories. This data will be deleted until cessation of contract or business activities with a given individual. For security reasons, we will not provide the details of our password storage provider but can reassure our clients this 3rd party uses the highest level of security and encryption to protect your data from unwanted entities.
- Hosting Accounts – we use a 3rd parties for hosting our clients websites. This is managed internally and our clients are able to request access to their hosting area upon request to check their data is being used in accordance this Policy. Your data will be stored on our 3rd parties hosting providers until a clear request is made for cancellation in accordance to our Terms and Conditions.
- Analytics – we use 3rd parties to track and analyse our website visitors behaviour. This enables us to provide better marketing materials to our users and further improve our services. We use Google Analytics and you can request for the removal of your data at any time. Your data collected via Google Analytics may also be used for the purposes of retargeting on other 3rd party platforms such as Facebook.
- Marketing Database – we predominately collect the name, email address and phone number of an individual who signs up to our marketing materials (e.g. free courses, training and other similar resources). In some cases we may collect and store other data points such as company names, how long a business has been operating, types of services offered, locations served, average revenue received, etc. This information is used to create a better experience for our subscribers by giving them content to help them succeed with online marketing. You can unsubscribe at anytime via clicking the “unsubscribe” button on emails received or contacting us directly. We will ensure that all your data is permanently and securely deleted from our marketing database.
Controlling your information
You have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation. Want to exercise these rights? Please email email@example.com including your email address in the first instance. From here we can then discuss your concerns and work quickly to find a solution that satisfies your request.
4.0. Requesting a copy of your information
You may request a copy of any data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide information containing the personal data we hold on record about you.
4.1. Updating or correcting your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If the information we hold on you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us so we may correct our records.
4.2. Deleting your information
You have the right to request the deletion for any of your personal information. Unless there is a compelling reason for the data not to be erased (for example, if we need to use that data to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations), your personal data will be deleted on request.
4.3. Automated decision making
We do not use any personal information for automated decision making or profiling; your data is not subject to automated decision making or profiling.
Use of ‘cookies’
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible.
- Facebook / Retargeting: Facebook advertising the same process as the above Google Adwords description states (other than the context being changed to Facebook).
By using and browsing the ConstructionSEO website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this Policy.
If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies should not noticeably restrict your use of this website.
ConstructionSEO takes security very seriously. In order to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These steps include the following:
- Data minimisation
- Password best practice
- Security best practice concerning devices (PCs, laptops, mobile devices), online accounts, website hosting, physical access and storage
- Staff training and accountability on data protection
A copy of our internal Data Security Policy is available on request.
Our Data Security Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, ConstructionSEO will promptly notify you of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal information not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).